4/17/2017

#Final Reflection!!!!!!!!!??!!!?!!!!!!!!

So, AP Research and, with it, my entire high school years are over! I didn't use gifs all year because I thought I wasn't cool enough but in celebration of a successful end of AP Capstone, I will use puppy gifs to signify THE END OF AN ERA.

I think especially before AP Seminar, my presenting skills really sucked. I used to get really really nervous and the gross type of nervous where my hands get super clammy. My eye would start twitching because I wouldn't be able to sleep and my TMJ would get really extreme, so I'd have an awful face (#notusual, #nofilter) and headache. Needless to say, the first Seminar presentations were rough. I remember during one practice one, I completely blanked and in one video there is a full 10 seconds where I don't say anything (#awkz). So the main thing AP Capstone has helped me with is the ability to present without nervousness manifesting in biological setbacks (#science). For my Research presentation, there were the initial bit of nerves that comes with any big event, but I think I performed significantly better than I would have as little junior year me (#literallyjustborn). With so many practice and recorded presentations under my belt (I don't wear belts), AP Capstone has helped me build up my confidence and presenting skills (#positivevibes). In college and life in general, this is particularly useful in basically most classes and careers (#realworld). Being able to talk in front of people and express your points is key to getting anything you want in the real world (#yougogirl, #girlboss, #whoruntheworldgirlz).



AP Capstone also helped in time management, organization, and individual work (#thebestthingscomeinthrees). With having to basically set out schedules (with some necessary advising from Mrs. Haag from time to time #necessary, #respect), we had to rely on our own work ethic and self-awareness to get the job done (#zen). We had to make sure to conduct our methods in time, leave room for editing the paper, and then practice the actual presentation in front of family and friends. When it came to the school-less days (#hallelujah), WE WERE FREE (#birdz, #coolbeanz). But with freedom came the price of actually setting tasks to do every day unless we wanted to drown in our failures (#werk). This will be very pertinent when college starts. With no parents or personalized attention from teachers, we have to look to ourselves to achieve greatness (#deep, #majorkey).



My ability to form an argument was greatly improved with these two years. So, like I wasn't topic sentence, 3 body sentences, conclusion sentence-bad, but I was not the best at formulating arguments and writing extensive papers. I didn't realize how far researchers had to go to show that they were credible, that there were other works in their respective fields, and the importance of a literature review. This was especially heightened for our high school selves, inexperienced newborn lambs (#spring, #SPRAAANGBREAKKKKK, #baaaah, #sheepnoise). The ability to make sources converse with each other (#almostpersonification) was vital to ensuring we had a cohesive research project. Also creating our own method with embedded validity precautions was crazy. It is amazing to be able to have such a unique opportunity as a #teen (#angsty, #IT'SNOTAPHASEMOM).



Ok, so this is where I leave you as I've run out of puppy gifs (lol jk there are infinite puppy gifs on the internet bc puppies are #pure and #smol). But, it had to end sometime (#tears, #emotional). I would like to thank my classmates for all the times you guys read my paper and commented on my blog (#bros, #community). I would also like to thank Mrs. Haag for not only witnessing my awkward adolescent years (that haven't ended weirdly?????) but also for being constantly supporting and helpful during these years (#grateful, #thanksgiving). Here marks the end of our crazy times, but the AP Research #mems and #skillz shall live on with me forever (#wowza).

 

Thx pals!!! Catch you on the flippity flip, my dudes.

(666) 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sunskruthi! Yay, we did it, it's slowly sinking in that we are done! :D Anyways, I am glad to hear that you learned and improved in a lot of the same ways I did in the last two years. Like you, I think the course made me a much better presenter, writer, and thinker. I also like a lot of the way you evaluated how our writing/presentation styles changed. I think we all now have a lot more mature and sophisticated (and thereby more effective) style of conveying our ideas, both through formal research papers and presentations, that far surpasses that of most high school seniors. I am so excited to see what all these skills allow us to do in college and our future careers, and I definitely feel like we are a few steps ahead of the game in that arena. Finally, I have really enjoyed working with you and growing with you throughout the past two years, and I am so excited to see what you end up doing in the future. Keep in touch!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunskruthi -- I love how hilarious you are. I appreciate the inclusion of puppy gifs for the final blog. Know that you were always cool enough for puppy gifs.

    I am glad that you learned a lot through this course, and it's been really rewarding working with you. I am so impressed with the project you did, and your final presentation was excellent. I cannot wait to see what amazing things you'll do with your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunskruthi!

    #somanyhashtags #somuchcuteness #somanypuppies #nomorehashtags

    You spoke the truth (HALLELUJAH) here in this blogpost. Time management was definitely something that Research and Seminar taught me. Although there were times where we all procrastinated, the sheer volume of work and tasks to complete forced us to manage our time whether we like it or not.

    Also, over the two years, like you said, we learned how to write a proper argument with conversations between the sources and logical lines of reasoning. This broke the traditional mold of an essay that we were so used to.

    I watched your presentation and it was super interesting and wonderful. Your research sounded fascinating. I hope you love life at college and good luck!

    Gursajan

    ReplyDelete
  4. #heysunskruthi!

    Wow. This is my final blog comment. This is my final AP Capstone assignment. That's actually really insane. Almost as insane as two people 3 years apart having conversations with each other.

    I really wholeheartedly agree with everything you said in this blog post. The ability of us as students to write and present clear and comprehensive arguments was taken to a whole new level due to the Capstone experience. Another thing your blog reminded me is of perspective. Due to all the hard work we put in, we will be much more ready for college and will definitely kill it!

    I walked in towards the close of your presentation but it ended really well and I'm sure the rest of it was fantastic as well!

    Anyways, I know that wherever you go to school next fall you will be amazing! Also Your Name was indeed fantastic and I'm kinda disappointed with the ending (mostly because I wanted to see you just lose it). Well, I guess this is it. My final assignment... It was an amazing experience working with everyone throughout both years and I'm really glad I got to experience that!

    ReplyDelete